- Presented the second report of Science, Technology and Knowledge Economy Indicators prepared by the Government of Córdoba.
- These data come from our own surveys added to the contributions of the entire provincial scientific and technological system together with private sector actors.
- The goal is to have data and information that allows to measure the design of public programs and policies that promote these sectors.
Government of Cordoba, Second Report on Science, Technology and Information Economy Indicators from the province.
The document discloses evolution and dynamics the production of knowledge-based products and services that have an impact on the economy and society in general, as well as activities related to scientific and technological production.
This study initiated by Cordoba Ministry of Science and Technologythey have contributions the entire provincial scientific and technological systemwith the players private sector Developing activities related to the Knowledge Economy.
The goal is to have data and information that allows to measure, analyze and choose the decision-making and design of programs and public policies that promote the sector.
He was responsible for the presentation of the report. Pablo De Chiara, Minister of Science and TechnologyIn the presence of rectors, deans, universities, scientific institutions, business chambers and officials and representatives of technology clusters throughout the province.
All these data and the results of the first report are available on the website of the Ministry of Science and Technology, mincyt.cba.gov.ar
Data in Science and Technology
The Cordovan scientific and technological system consists of approximately 10,000 researchers and fellows (average 2.96 per 1,000 people). 53.4% are women and the remaining 46.6% are men.
Most education is graduate, master, doctoral or postdoctoral, and 68% are aged 45 or over.
Among the institutions, there are 193 executive units with 1,939 ongoing research projects, 57% of which are applied research. This figure is 11% higher than the data in the first report on these indicators.
University education in Córdoba
In terms of university education, the indicators show the progress made by the Province; More than 275,000 students, including those choosing online or remotely, a number of over 340,000 careers dictated by Universities based in Córdoba.
The local academic offer is on the verge of 500 careers at 12 university education centers (among technical, undergraduate and engineering degrees) located in the cities of Córdoba, Villa María, San Francisco and Río Cuarto. Among them, the most chosen are law, economics, business, information systems engineering, and psychology degrees.
The data shows phenomenal growth in so-called “STEM” careers (for its English acronym, science, technology, engineering and math) in relation to 2022 enrollments, and a 172% increase in income compared to the 2021 school year.
Cordovan Knowledge Economy
Based on these indicators, there are more than 2,900 companies engaged in local EoC-related activities, representing an inter-annual growth of 6.2% (approximately 5% of the total number of companies in the province).
67.7% are micro-enterprises and 58% are located in the city of Córdoba.
The data shows a 10.8% increase in overall sales, totaling more than $230,000 million. This represents a contribution of 9.65 to the Gross Geographical Product. Overseas sales amounted to a total of $360 million, more than 21% annually, representing 17.5% of the total sales made by these companies, mainly Software, which increased 36% compared to last year.
Talent and collaborators working in the industry are more than 57,000 people, and the workforce scale has grown 14% year-on-year (up from 6.5% nationally)
Average salaries in the EoC are almost 54% higher than the average for Cordovan employees.
Regarding the Knowledge Economy Promotion Act in Cordoba, at the end of this report, 71 companies had already been established, enjoying all the benefits provided in the Provincial Regime. The vast majority are companies associated with software activities, and a total of 353 new employees were recruited based on the benefits provided in the Cordoba EoC Law.
#Córdoba #consolidates #leadership #science #technology #Knowledge #Economy #Web #Noticias